Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts research into problems of nuclear energy systems; designs and develops nuclear equipment; and monitors testing, operation, and maintenance of nuclear reactors: Plans and conducts nuclear research to discover facts or to test, prove, or modify known nuclear theories concerning release, control, and utilization of nuclear energy.
- 2) Evaluates findings to develop new concepts of thermonuclear analysis and new uses of radioactive processes.
- 3) Plans, designs, and develops nuclear equipment such as reactor cores, radiation shielding, and associated instrumentation and control mechanisms.
- 4) Studies nuclear fuel cycle to define most economical uses of nuclear material and safest means of waste products disposal.
- 5) Monitors nuclear tests and examines operations of facilities which process or utilize radioactive or fissionable material to ensure efficient functioning and conformance with safety specifications, regulations, and laws.
- 6) Prepares technical reports, utilizing knowledge obtained during research and development activities and inspectional functions.
- 7) May direct operating and maintenance activities of operational nuclear facility.
Is being a "NUCLEAR ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NUCLEAR ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NUCLEAR ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NUCLEAR ENGINEER"
Job Number: 6849