"NUCLEAR-CRITICALITY SAFETY ENGINEER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts research and analyzes and evaluates proposed and existing methods of transportation, handling, and storage of nuclear fuel to preclude accidental nuclear reaction at nuclear facilities: Reviews and evaluates fuel transfer and storage plans received from nuclear plants.
- 2) Studies reports of nuclear fuel characteristics to determine potential or inherent problems.
- 3) Reads blueprints of proposed storage facilities and visits storage sites to determine adequacy of storage plans.
- 4) Forecasts nuclear fuel criticality, given various factors which may exist in fuel handling and storage, using knowledge of nuclear physics, calculator, and computer terminal.
- 5) Determines potential hazards and accident conditions which may exist in fuel handling and storage and recommends preventive measures.
- 6) Summarizes findings and writes reports.
- 7) Confers with project officials to resolve situations where hazard is beyond acceptable levels.
- 8) Prepares proposal reports for handling and storage of fuels to be submitted to government review board.
- 9) Studies existing procedures and recommends changes or additions to guidelines and controls to ensure prevention of self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction.
Is being a "NUCLEAR-CRITICALITY SAFETY ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NUCLEAR-CRITICALITY SAFETY ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NUCLEAR-CRITICALITY SAFETY ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NUCLEAR-CRITICALITY SAFETY ENGINEER"
Job Number: 6851