Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Removes, replaces, and adjusts nozzles and cylinders of diecasting machines: Disconnects and removes gooseneck from gooseneck machine, using wrenches, chain falls, and hoist.
- 2) Knocks nozzle loose with bar and hammer.
- 3) Drives replacement nozzle into gooseneck.
- 4) Reinstalls gooseneck in metal pot, aligning nozzle with gate according to scale measurements.
- 5) Removes plunger from sleeve of cold-shot machine, using wrenches, and pushes defective sleeve from machine.
- 6) Installs new sleeve by inserting holding pin, making screw adjustments, and taking scale measurements.
- 7) Periodically inspects nozzle and sleeve adjustments along machine line.
- 8) Assists other workers in adjusting, installing, and removing diecasting machine nozzles and cylinders.
- 9) Keeps records of sleeve and nozzle adjustments and replacements.
- 10) May replace movable gooseneck setup with new parts.
Is being a "NOZZLE-AND-SLEEVE WORKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NOZZLE-AND-SLEEVE WORKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NOZZLE-AND-SLEEVE WORKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NOZZLE-AND-SLEEVE WORKER"
Job Number: 6848