Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts radiographic, penetrant, ultrasonic, and magnetic particle tests on metal parts to determine if parts meet nondestructive specifications: Reviews test orders to determine type of test requested, test procedures to follow, and part acceptability criteria.
- 2) Applies agents, such as cleaners, penetrants, and developers, and couplant, to parts, or heats parts in oven, to prepare parts for testing.
- 3) Determines test equipment settings according to type of metal, thickness, distance from test equipment, and related variables, using standard formulas.
- 4) Calibrates test equipment, such as magnetic particle, x-ray, and ultrasonic contact machines, to standard settings, following manual instructions.
- 5) Sets up equipment to perform tests, and conducts tests on parts, following procedures established for specified tests performed.
- 6) Examines surface-treated materials during penetrant and magnetic particle tests to locate and identify cracks or other defects, using black light.
- 7) Moves transducer probe across part when conducting ultrasonic tests and observes CRT screen to detect and locate discontinuities in metal structure.
- 8) Examines film when conducting radiographic tests to locate structural or welding flaws.
- 9) Marks tested parts to indicate defective areas.
- 10) Evaluates test results against designated standards, utilizing knowledge of metals and testing experience.
- 11) Prepares reports outlining findings and conclusions.
- 12) May perform similar tests on nonmetallic parts or structures.
Is being a "NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER"
Job Number: 6838