Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends vats that wash and treat nitroglycerin to neutralize acids remaining from nitrating process in explosives manufacture: Admits warm water to vat of nitroglycerin, and introduces stream of air from bottom of vat to agitate and mix product for specified interval.
- 2) Turns off water and air to allow mixture to settle and opens drain cock to draw off wash water.
- 3) Admits prepared aqueous solution of soda ash to vat to neutralize remaining acids, and starts agitating airflow.
- 4) Tests mixture with litmus or other chemical indicator, rewashes nitroglycerin when it tests neutral, and transfers it to storage or processing areas.
- 5) May prepare soda-ash solution, according to formula or proportion table.
Is being a "NITROGLYCERIN NEUTRALIZER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NITROGLYCERIN NEUTRALIZER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NITROGLYCERIN NEUTRALIZER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NITROGLYCERIN NEUTRALIZER"
Job Number: 6834