Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls equipment to combine and process acids and specified chemical ingredients to produce explosives, such as nitroglycerin, tetryl, or TNT: Admits specified ingredients, such as mixed acids and toluene compounds, to metering or weighing tanks, and regulates feed to nitrator in specified timing and sequence.
- 2) Starts agitator to mix ingredients for prescribed time or until settling occurs.
- 3) Observes temperature and pressure gauges and turns steam and coolant valves to regulate reaction within specified limits to prevent explosion.
- 4) Transfers batch or specified components to storage tanks or other processing equipment after prescribed time or when visual inspection indicates reaction is completed.
- 5) Records gauge readings, nitration time, and ingredients consumed in shift log.
- 6) May be designated according to explosive produced as Nitroglycerin-Nitrator Operator, Batch; Tetryl-Nitrator Operator; or according to intermediate materials nitrated as Binitrotoluene Operator; Mononitrotoluene Operator.
- 7) May control continuous-process equipment and be designated Biazzi-Nitrator Operator.
Is being a "NITRATOR OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NITRATOR OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NITRATOR OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NITRATOR OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6831