Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends mixing tanks and auxiliary equipment to combine acids or other specified liquid ingredients to produce solutions for manufacturing explosives, such as nitroglycerin, tetryl, and TNT: Pumps specified liquids through metering or weighing tanks into mixing tank.
- 2) Starts tank agitator to mix ingredients for specified time.
- 3) Draws samples of product for laboratory analysis and transfers additional ingredients to tank until product meets plant standard.
- 4) Pumps mixed product to storage, tank cars, or other processing units.
- 5) May turn steam or coolant valves to heat or cool product during mixing, maintaining temperature in equipment within prescribed limits as indicated by tank thermometer.
- 6) May maintain records of mixing time, gauge readings, and number of batches produced for shift log.
- 7) May be designated according to product produced as Ammonium-Nitrate Neutralizer; Dimethylaniline-Sulfator Operator.
Is being a "NITRATING-ACID MIXER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NITRATING-ACID MIXER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NITRATING-ACID MIXER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NITRATING-ACID MIXER"
Job Number: 6830