Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls electrolysis tanks to purify electrolyte used in copper refining by removing copper, arsenic, and nickel: Places lead anodes and copper cathode starting sheets in tanks and turns valves to fill tanks with impure electrolyte.
- 2) Switches on current and starts circulation pumps to remove copper from solution and deposit it onto cathode.
- 3) Pumps solution into high-voltage tank system to deposit arsenic on cathodes.
- 4) Pumps electrolyte from high-voltage tanks into evaporators that concentrate solution to specified specific gravity.
- 5) Turns valves to drain condensed solution into settling tanks and to recover acid after nickel sulfate has settled.
Is being a "NICKEL-PLANT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NICKEL-PLANT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NICKEL-PLANT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NICKEL-PLANT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6825