Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Writes news stories for publication or broadcast from written or recorded notes supplied by reporting staff, using computer or typewriter: Reviews and evaluates written or recorded notes obtained from reporting staff to isolate pertinent facts and details.
- 2) Verifies accuracy of questionable facts and obtains supplemental material and additional details from files, reference libraries, and interviews with knowledgeable sources.
- 3) Organizes material and writes story conforming to specified length, style, and format requirements.
- 4) May discuss story length and format with EDITOR, CITY or with PRODUCER and FILM OR VIDEOTAPE EDITOR.
- 5) May write news stories in foreign language.
Is being a "NEWSWRITER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NEWSWRITER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NEWSWRITER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NEWSWRITER"
Job Number: 6821