Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Manages information resources library stored in files, on tape or microfilm, or in computers for use by news and editorial staff in publishing establishments, such as newspaper and magazine publishers, and in broadcasting establishments, such as radio and television stations: Directs activities of workers engaged in clipping, classifying, cataloging, indexing, storing, editing, and retrieving library information, or performs these activities as needed.
- 2) Researches, retrieves, and disseminates information in resource library or commercial data bases in response to requests from news or editorial staff, using knowledge of classification system or computer data base.
- 3) Maintains records and statistics on use of data bases and information services provided.
- 4) May manage in-house data base of news information, assign classification terms to news articles, input news articles into data base, and research news information in in-house data base.
- 5) May develop data bases for data storage and retrieval, according to needs of news staff.
- 6) May hire, train, schedule, and evaluate library staff.
- 7) May prepare library budgets.
- 8) May promote and market library products and services to public.
- 9) May coordinate activities of library with activities of other departments.
- 10) May select and purchase reference books for library collection.
- 11) May manage graphics library, assign classification terms to graphics, and research graphics and be designated Photo-Graphics Librarian.
Is being a "NEWS LIBRARIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NEWS LIBRARIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NEWS LIBRARIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NEWS LIBRARIAN"
Job Number: 6817