Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Compiles, dispenses, and files newsstories and related copy to assist editorial personnel in broadcasting newsroom: Telephones government agencies and sports facilities and monitors other stations to obtain weather, traffic, and sports information.
- 2) Telephones people involved in news events to obtain further information or to arrange for on-air or background interviews by news broadcasting personnel.
- 3) Files and retrieves news scripts, printouts, and recording tapes.
- 4) May make written copies of newsstories called in from remote locations.
- 5) May record, edit, and play back tapes of newsstories to assist COLUMNIST/COMMENTATOR, using recording and splicing machines and equipment.
Is being a "NEWS ASSISTANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NEWS ASSISTANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NEWS ASSISTANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NEWS ASSISTANT"
Job Number: 6816