"NEW-CAR GET-READY MECHANIC"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects and services new automobiles on delivery to dealer or customer, and makes minor repairs or adjustments to place vehicle in salable condition, using handtools, portable power tools, and specification sheets: Inspects vehicle for obvious damage and missing major components.
- 2) Records discrepancies and signs acceptance slip for each vehicle delivered.
- 3) Inspects vehicle for loose or misaligned items, such as trim, doors, and hardware, and positions defective items according to specifications, using handtools.
- 4) Starts engine and drives automobile to test steering, brakes, transmission, and engine operation.
- 5) Activates power equipment, such as electric windows, seats, radio, horn, lights, and directional signals to ensure specified operating standards.
- 6) Washes car and vacuums interior.
- 7) Inspects surfaces to detect minor chips and scratches in paint and touches up imperfections, using brush applicator and factory-supplied matching paint.
- 8) Installs optional equipment specified by customer or dealer, such as outside mirrors, rugs, and seat covers, using handtools.
- 9) Installs standard components, such as hubcaps and wiper blades, using handtools.
- 10) Pours antifreeze into radiator according to seasonal requirements.
- 11) Polishes car to remove preservative coating and road film accumulated during transit.
- 12) May spray undercoating material on vehicle, using spray gun.
- 13) May tune engine, using mechanic's tools and test equipment.
- 14) May install or repair major mechanical, hydraulic, or electromechanical equipment, such as radios, air-conditioners, power steering units, and power brakes, using mechanic's handtools.
Is being a "NEW-CAR GET-READY MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NEW-CAR GET-READY MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NEW-CAR GET-READY MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NEW-CAR GET-READY MECHANIC"
Job Number: 6814