"NESTING OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates computer to lay out graphic display of parts to be machined in optimum arrangement and generate control media for numerical-control drilling, routing, and cutting machines: Reviews shop orders to determine job specifications and nesting requirements.
- 2) Sorts shop orders into groups according to compatibility factors, such as quantity and shape of parts, and type, size, alloy, and gauge of material to be machined to produce nest that maximizes material utilization and minimizes machine setup and operation.
- 3) Enters computer commands to retrieve stored parts data and graphic displays, such as simulated patterns or templates, and displays and manipulates part images on computer screen into optimum arrangement.
- 4) Calculates and codes machine controlling criteria, such as table movement, type and size of cutting and drilling tools, spindle location, and machining start point, feed rate, and speed, utilizing knowledge of numerical-control machine operation.
- 5) Enters commands to title and store nest layouts in computer memory and to build and maintain source files.
- 6) Keys in commands to transfer nest data, listings, or layouts to other media, such as hardcopy, tape, or floppy disk, or to route nest data by direct link to direct-numerical-control machines.
- 7) Loads and unloads disk packs, tapes, or floppy disks.
- 8) May operate digitizing equipment to produce patterns.
- 9) May discuss nesting or machining problems with machine operators or other personnel.
Is being a "NESTING OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NESTING OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NESTING OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NESTING OPERATOR, NUMERICAL CONTROL"
Job Number: 6805