Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies nematodes that are plant parasitic, transmit diseases, attack insects, or attack soil, fresh water, or marine nematodes: Identifies and classifies nematodes and studies structure, behavior, biology, ecology, physiology, nutrition, culture, and distribution.
- 2) Studies reactions of plants to parasitic nematodes and associations with other plant disease agents.
- 3) Develops methods and apparatus for securing representative soil samples containing nematodes, and for isolating, mounting, counting, and identifying specimens.
- 4) Investigates and develops pest management and control measures, such as chemical, hot water and steam treatments, soil fumigation, biological crop rotations, and cultural practices.
- 5) See PARASITOLOGIST for scientists who specialize in study of nematodes that are parasitic in man or animals.
Is being a "NEMATOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NEMATOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NEMATOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NEMATOLOGIST"
Job Number: 6802