Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates battery of machines in tandem to produce needle felt products from raw materials: Turns screws to adjust comb and stripper rolls of garnett machine to produce specified bat I.
- 2) Installs specified needle board into needle loom to punch together loose bats into needle felt.
- 3) Turns handwheels to adjust tension between steam heated calender rolls which press down nap and firm felt.
- 4) Turns handwheels to lower circular knives to trim felt to specified width.
- 5) Fills size tank, positions automatic spray gun, and turns valve handle on airhose to spray size onto felt.
- 6) Turns knobs to regulate temperature and blower of drying oven.
- 7) Aligns and bolts cutting dies in ram and bed of automatic diecutting machine to cut felt into specified forms.
- 8) Turns knobs to synchronize speed of machines and conveyors.
- 10) Starts machine, observes operations to detect malfunction, and examines work to determine conformity to specifications.
- 11) Replaces worn needle boards.
- 12) Sharpens circular knives with hone.
- 13) May repair needle boards.
- 14) May assist MAINTENANCE MECHANIC in repairing machines.
Is being a "NEEDLE-FELT-MAKING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NEEDLE-FELT-MAKING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NEEDLE-FELT-MAKING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NEEDLE-FELT-MAKING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6795