Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates automatically controlled natural-gas treating unit in oil field to render gas suitable for fuel and for pipeline transportation: Opens valves to admit gas and specified chemicals into treating vessel where moisture is absorbed and impurities removed.
- 2) Adjusts controls of auxiliary equipment, such as pumps, heating coils, and cooling tower.
- 3) Reads temperature and pressure gauges, and adjusts controls to keep heat and pressure at level of maximum efficiency within safe operating limits.
- 4) Performs routine tests or delivers samples to laboratory to determine qualities of gas, such as Btu value, flame candlepower, and specific gravity, and proportions of elements, such as methane, propane, and natural gasoline.
- 5) Drains samples of boiler water from treating unit for laboratory analysis.
- 6) Adds specified chemicals to water to keep heating and cooling systems in working order.
- 7) May adjust and repair gas meters and governors, using handtools.
- 8) May change charts on meters equipped with automatic recorders.
- 9) May advise and assist workers repairing gas meters, regulators, and other control instruments.
Is being a "NATURAL-GAS-TREATING-UNIT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NATURAL-GAS-TREATING-UNIT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NATURAL-GAS-TREATING-UNIT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NATURAL-GAS-TREATING-UNIT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6782