Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that separates naphthalene from chemical drain oil used to wash coke-oven gas or tar distillate: Starts pumps to remove drain oil from scrubbing tower to collecting tank where naphthalene settles and crystallizes as oil cools.
- 2) Opens drain valves or starts pumps to remove oil from pans to storage tanks.
- 3) Dumps crystals into centrifuge to remove remaining oil.
- 4) Dumps or shovels crystallized naphthalene into steam-heated tank to melt and further purify crystals.
- 5) Draws sample from melting tank for laboratory analysis.
- 6) Starts pumps to transfer naphthalene into storage tanks or railroad tank cars.
- 7) May be designated according to work performed as Drier Tender, Naphthalene.
Is being a "NAPHTHALENE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NAPHTHALENE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NAPHTHALENE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NAPHTHALENE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6775