Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Assembles wooden products, such as boxes, packing cases, kegs, pallets, furniture frames, door and window units, and hogshead subassemblies, using handtools: Positions workpiece on table, floor, easel, or jig, according to verbal instructions, and nails or staples materials together at designated points, using hammer, pneumatic gun, or staple gun.
- 2) Drives nails in carvings, molding, and scroll work, using hammer, before attaching to furniture.
- 3) Attaches metal cleats to bottoms of nail kegs to reinforce containers, using hammer and nails.
- 4) Clinches exposed nail ends and places assembled unit aside for further processing or shipment.
- 5) May insert bolts in predrilled holes and tighten bolts with wrench.
- 6) May glue joints before nailing.
- 7) May record production.
- 8) May repair containers and be designated Box Repairer.
- 9) May be designated according to product assembled as Box Maker, Wood; Panel Maker.
Is being a "NAILER, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NAILER, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NAILER, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NAILER, HAND"
Job Number: 6768