Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up battery of machines that automatically cut and shape coiled wire to make nails of specified sizes: Installs and secures die plates and nail-point cutting knives, and positions feeding mechanism, according to work order specifications, using handtools.
- 2) Mounts coil of wire on rod and threads wire through straightening rollers, feeding mechanism, and into slots of die plates.
- 3) Tightens roller bolts to secure wire, using wrench, and turns flywheel to produce sample nail.
- 4) Measures nail with split gauge or micrometer, and inspects nail for flaws, such as chips and distortions.
- 5) Starts machine and observes operation to ensure product meets specifications.
- 6) May set up and maintain battery of machines that automatically cut coiled wire and simultaneously attach nailheads to cut wire to form tacks of specified size.
- 7) May supervise NAIL-MAKING-MACHINE TENDERS.
Is being a "NAIL-MAKING-MACHINE SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "NAIL-MAKING-MACHINE SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "NAIL-MAKING-MACHINE SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "NAIL-MAKING-MACHINE SETTER"
Job Number: 6771