"MULTI-PURPOSE MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machine with multiple cutterheads to simultaneously saw, bore, groove, shape, and sand woodstock to form furniture parts: Reads work ticket to determine machining operations required to form specified furniture parts.
- 2) Selects, installs, and adjusts blades, bits, cutter knives, and sanding belts, according to specifications, using handtools.
- 3) Attaches specified forms that hold woodstock during machining operations to automatic carriage holding device of machine, using handtools.
- 4) Selects and installs punch cards into machine control panel that determine sequence and duration of machining operations.
- 5) Presses buttons to start machine, positions woodstock in holding forms, and adjusts clamps to secure woodstock in form.
- 6) Presses button to activate automatic machining cycle.
- 7) Removes processed parts from holding form and verifies finished dimensions, using steel tape rule, gauges, and calipers.
- 8) Stacks finished parts in storage area.
Is being a "MULTI-PURPOSE MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MULTI-PURPOSE MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MULTI-PURPOSE MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MULTI-PURPOSE MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6750