Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machine that automatically performs multioperations, such as roll-threading, heading, slotting, slitting, or shearing to form chain or produce fasteners, such as bolts and rivets, from hot or cold metal rod or wire: Selects, installs, and aligns dies, rolls, cutting tools, guides, and stops to set up machine, using handtools and measuring instruments.
- 2) Sets controls to synchronize machine actions for various operations on workpiece in specified sequence.
- 3) Positions coil of metal wire or rod on feed spindle and threads it through straightening rolls into feed mechanism; or inserts end of heated rod into feed mechanism.
- 4) Starts machine to produce sample product and measures for conformance with specifications, using measuring instruments.
- 5) Adjusts settings of dies on controls, as required, to obtain product meeting specifications and quality standards.
- 6) Starts machine to begin production and observes machine operations for evidence of malfunction and products for defects.
- 7) May be designated according to type of product produced, as Bolt-Machine Operator; Chain-Forming-Machine Operator; Rivet Maker.
- 8) May be known according to whether metal is heated or cold forged, as Cold-Header Operator; Hot-Header Operator.
Is being a "MULTI-OPERATION-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MULTI-OPERATION-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MULTI-OPERATION-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MULTI-OPERATION-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6747