Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Replaces defective mufflers and pipes on automobiles, buses, trucks, and other automotive vehicles according to factory or customer specifications, using handtools and power tools: Removes defective muffler, using hacksaw, wrenches, air-powered tools, or acetylene torch.
- 2) Selects replacement muffler according to automotive vehicle model and customer's preference.
- 3) Bolts or tack welds new muffler in place.
- 4) Bends and shapes tailpipe sections according to customer specifications, using pipe-bending machine.
- 5) Welds tailpipe sections to muffler or exhaust pipe, using arc welding equipment.
- 6) Aligns muffler and tailpipe within frame and bolts hangers to frame to secure muffler.
Is being a "MUFFLER INSTALLER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MUFFLER INSTALLER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MUFFLER INSTALLER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MUFFLER INSTALLER"
Job Number: 6741