Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machine that mixes mud for use in drilling oil and gas wells: Weighs sand, clay, and other dry materials on scale and dumps materials into hopper of mixing machine.
- 2) Turns water valve and opens hopper gate to admit specified quantity of water and dry mix into mixing chamber of machine.
- 3) Tests mud sample for viscosity, using viscometer.
- 4) Starts pumps that force mud to drilling wells.
- 5) Lubricates, adjusts, and repairs machinery, using handtools and grease gun.
- 6) Replaces defective parts of mud pumps and hoisting equipment, using handtools and following repair orders.
Is being a "MUD-PLANT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MUD-PLANT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MUD-PLANT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MUD-PLANT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6740