Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends shop machines that form and shape mouthpieces for woodwind instruments: Screws mouthpiece into boring machine that follows template to automatically form base of piece.
- 2) Positions mouthpiece in chuck of automatic turning lathe and shapes outside of mouthpiece.
- 3) Feeds mouthpiece in sloping machine to cut slope to specified dimensions.
- 4) Presses tip of mouthpiece against abrasive wheel to grind to specified curvature.
- 5) Places mouthpiece in fixture of chambering machine to shape inside opening.
- 6) Cuts and attaches cork around forward part of mouthpiece to ensure fit of mouthpiece into instrument, using knife and glue.
- 7) Verifies dimensions, using micrometers and gauges.
- 8) Operates power buffing wheel to buff mouthpiece.
Is being a "MOUTHPIECE MAKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MOUTHPIECE MAKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MOUTHPIECE MAKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MOUTHPIECE MAKER"
Job Number: 6734