Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and overhauls motorcycles, motor scooters, and similar motor vehicles: Listens to engine, examines vehicle's frame, and confers with customer to determine nature and extent of malfunction or damage.
- 2) Connects test panel to engine and measures generator output, ignition timing, and other engine performance indicators.
- 3) Dismantles engine and repairs or replaces defective parts, such as magneto, carburetor, and generator.
- 4) Removes cylinder heads, grinds valves, and scrapes off carbon, and replaces defective valves, pistons, cylinders, and rings, using handtools and power tools.
- 5) Hammers out dents and bends in frame, welds tears and breaks, and reassembles and reinstalls engine.
- 6) Repairs and adjusts clutch, brakes, and drive chain.
- 7) Repairs or replaces other motorcycle and motor scooter parts, such as spring fork, headlight, horn, handlebar controls, valve release, gear lever, gasoline and oil tanks, starter, brake lever, and muffler.
- 8) May specialize in repair of motor scooters and be designated Motor-Scooter Repairer.
Is being a "MOTORCYCLE REPAIRER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MOTORCYCLE REPAIRER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MOTORCYCLE REPAIRER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MOTORCYCLE REPAIRER"
Job Number: 6716