Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates motor-driven boat to carry passengers and freight, take depth soundings in turning basin, serve as liaison between ships, ship to shore, harbor and beach area patrol, or tow, push, or guide other boats, barges, logs, or rafts: Casts off securing lines and starts motor.
- 2) Starts boat and steers boat with helm or tiller.
- 3) Maintains equipment, such as range markers, fire extinguishers, boat fenders, lines, pumps, and fittings.
- 4) Services motor by changing oil and lubricating parts.
- 5) Cleans boat and repairs hull and superstructure, using handtools, paint, and brushes.
- 6) May tune up, overhaul, or replace engine.
- 7) May give directions for loading and seating in boat.
- 8) May be designated according to type of boat operated as Boat Tender; Boomboat Operator; Charter-Boat Operator; Sightseeing-Boat Operator; Water-Taxi Driver; or operate motor-driven boat to haul fish or other marine life from offshore fishing vessel to buyer and be designated Run-Boat Operator.
Is being a "MOTORBOAT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MOTORBOAT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MOTORBOAT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MOTORBOAT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6712