Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Repairs and adjusts electrical and mechanical equipment of gasoline- or diesel-powered inboard or inboard-outboard boat engines, using handtools, power tools, and electrical testing meters: Starts motor and listens to its sound to determine causes of trouble.
- 2) Tests motor for conformance to manufacturer's specifications, using electrical testing meters.
- 3) Dismantles motors, using handtools, and examines parts for defects.
- 4) Adjusts generator and replaces faulty wiring, using handtools and soldering iron.
- 5) Installs piston rings, adjusts carburetor, grinds valves, and repairs or replaces reduction gears, and other parts, using lathe, drill press, handtools, and power tools.
- 6) Examines propeller and propeller shafts and repairs defective parts.
- 7) Aligns engine to propeller shaft.
- 8) May operate boat on water to test repairs.
- 9) May repair only mechanical equipment of engines, such as power-tilt, bilge pumps, or power take-offs.
- 10) May be designated according to type of engine repaired as Motorboat Mechanic, Inboard; Motorboat Mechanic, Inboard/Outboard.
Is being a "MOTORBOAT MECHANIC" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MOTORBOAT MECHANIC" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MOTORBOAT MECHANIC"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MOTORBOAT MECHANIC"
Job Number: 6711