Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates multiple-head mortiser machine to cut mortise slots in woodstock: Selects and installs mortising chisels or mortise chain saw assembly, according to number and size of mortises to be cut.
- 2) Turns handcrank or knobs to adjust spacing of cutterheads according to specifications of work order.
- 3) Lays out and marks cuts to be made on stock, using rule and pencil, or places pattern on machine bed and measures distance between slots in pattern to determine location of mortiser heads.
- 4) Clamps stock to machine table and adjusts machine table or cutting head for depth of cut.
- 5) Presses button to start machine and presses pedal to force cutting head into woodstock.
- 6) Verifies location and depth of mortises, using rule and caliper.
- 7) May be designated according to type of cutting head used as Chain-Mortiser Operator; Chisel-Mortiser Operator.
- 8) May set up and operate machine that automatically spaces and cuts mortises in stiles for insertion of slats to form louvered doors and windows and be designated Louver-Mortiser Operator.
Is being a "MORTISING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MORTISING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MORTISING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MORTISING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6701