Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties to process payments and maintain records of mortgage loans: Types letters, forms, checks, and other documents used for collecting, disbursing, and recording mortgage principal, interest, and escrow account payments, using computer.
- 2) Answers customer questions regarding mortgage account and corrects records, using computer.
- 3) Examines documents such as deeds, assignments, and mortgages, to ensure compliance with escrow instructions, institution policy, and legal requirements.
- 4) Records disbursement of funds to pay insurance and tax.
- 5) Types notices to government, specifying changes to loan documents, such as discharge of mortgage.
- 6) Orders property insurance policies to ensure protection against loss on mortgaged property.
- 7) Enters data in computer to generate tax and insurance premium payment notices to customers.
- 8) Reviews printouts of allocations for interest, principal, insurance, or tax payments to locate errors.
- 9) Corrects errors, using computer.
- 10) May call or write loan applicants to obtain information for bank official.
- 11) May be designated according to type of work assigned as Escrow Clerk; Foreclosure Clerk; Insurance Clerk; Tax Clerk.
Is being a "MORTGAGE CLERK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MORTGAGE CLERK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MORTGAGE CLERK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MORTGAGE CLERK"
Job Number: 6694