Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Prepares bodies, specimens of human organs, and morgue room to assist PATHOLOGIST in postmortem examinations: Places body in compartment tray of refrigerator or on autopsy table, using portable hoist and stretcher.
- 2) Lays out surgical instruments and laboratory supplies for postmortem examinations.
- 3) Washes table, storage trays, and instruments, sharpens knives, and replaces soiled linens.
- 4) Records identifying information for morgue file.
- 5) Releases body to authorized person.
- 6) May close post mortem incisions, using surgical needle and cord.
- 7) May fill cranium with plaster.
- 8) May feed, water, and clean quarters for animals used in medical research.
- 9) May prepare preserving solutions according to formulas.
- 10) May preserve specimens and stain slides.
- 11) May photograph specimens.
Is being a "MORGUE ATTENDANT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MORGUE ATTENDANT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MORGUE ATTENDANT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MORGUE ATTENDANT"
Job Number: 6693