Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets stone at cemetery gravesites to erect monuments, following diagrams and written specifications: Lays out foundation for monument, using rule and staked lines.
- 2) Digs trench for foundation, using pick and shovel.
- 3) Mixes mortar and pours mortar into trench to prepare foundation for setting base stone.
- 4) Removes sections of monument from truck bed and guides stone onto foundation, using skids, hoist, or truck crane.
- 5) Aligns and levels stone, using rule, square, plumbline, wedges, and crowbar.
- 6) Spreads mortar on stone with trowel and sets subsequent sections of stone in position according to numbers or letters marked on stone.
- 7) Fills joints between stone with mortar and finishes joints, using trowel.
- 8) Removes excess mortar from monument, using water and brush.
- 9) Works as member of team to erect monuments.
Is being a "MONUMENT SETTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MONUMENT SETTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MONUMENT SETTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MONUMENT SETTER"
Job Number: 6689