Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Forms sand molds to fabricate metal castings, using patterns or match plates, flasks, handtools and power tools, following instructions and applying knowledge of variables, such as metal characteristics, molding sand, pattern contours, and pouring procedures: Places flask and drag onto molding board and positions pattern inside drag.
- 2) Sprinkles or sprays parting agent onto pattern and flask, to facilitate removal of pattern from mold, and positions reinforcing wire in flask.
- 3) Sifts sand over pattern, using riddle, and compacts sand around pattern contours.
- 4) Shovels and packs sand into flask, using hand or pneumatic ramming tools.
- 5) Inverts drag, positions cope half of pattern and flask onto drag, and repeats sand molding operation to imbed pattern into cope.
- 6) Lifts cope from drag and removes pattern.
- 7) Cuts runner and sprue hole into mold and repairs damaged impressions, using handtools, such as slick, trowel, spoon, and sprue cutter.
- 8) Positions specified cores into drag and reassembles cope and drag.
- 9) Moves and positions workpieces, such as flasks, patterns, and bottom boards, using overhead crane, or signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to move and position workpieces.
- 10) Pours molten metal into mold, manually or using crane ladle, or directs POURER, METAL to fill mold.
- 11) May form and assemble slab cores around pattern to reinforce mold, using handtools and glue.
- 12) May operate ovens or furnaces to melt, skim, and flux metal.
- 13) May form molds at bench and be designated Molder, Bench or form molds on floor and be designated Molder, Floor.
Is being a "MOLDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MOLDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MOLDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MOLDER"
Job Number: 6644