Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Casts male dies used in stamping aircraft parts from sheet metal: Operates hoist to position female dies on foundry floor.
- 2) Clamps metal and plywood strips around die to form mold.
- 3) Shapes mold to specified contours with sand, using trowel and related tools.
- 4) Tilts melting pot or uses ladle to pour molten alloy into sand mold.
- 5) Places metal jig with anchor bolts attached, or similar insert setup, over mold and into molten metal in prescribed manner to attach anchor bolts to punch.
- 7) May preheat dies, using blowtorch or other equipment.
- 8) May apply parting compound to dies.
- 9) May operate furnaces and ovens.
Is being a "MOLDER, PUNCH" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MOLDER, PUNCH" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MOLDER, PUNCH"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MOLDER, PUNCH"
Job Number: 6660