Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Molds odd-shaped brick, pipe, and other refractory products, using hand-molding tools: Kneads gobs of clay or silica mud to form molding mixture.
- 2) Obtains specified mold from storage, or assembles molds, when necessary according to specifications.
- 3) Brushes mold cavity with oil or hot wax to prevent casting from sticking to mold.
- 4) Packs molding mixture into mold and tamps it with hand or automatic tamper.
- 5) Removes excess mixture from top of mold, using wire or straightedge.
- 6) Lifts and overturns mold on steel pallet to remove product.
- 7) Finishes and smooths product, using hand-molding tools.
- 8) Throws sand on casting to prevent bonding during subsequent firing.
- 9) Stamps identifying code on product.
- 10) Cleans and oils used molds.
- 11) May tend pug mill that mixes clay or silica mud to form molding mixture.
- 12) May place molds in furnace to cure.
- 13) May stamp surface of refractory products, prior to curing, to impart specified pattern, using handtool.
- 14) May embed heater coils wound through ceramic heaters with mud, and bake units to dry mud and be designated Embedder.
- 15) May be designated according to product molded as Brick-Molder, Hand; Pipe-Fittings Molder; Pot Maker; Shape-Brick Molder; Tile-Molder, Hand; or according to material used as Adobe Maker; Soft-Mud Molder.
Is being a "MOLDER, HAND" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MOLDER, HAND" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MOLDER, HAND"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MOLDER, HAND"
Job Number: 6652