"MOLDER, AUTOMOBILE CARPETS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machines that mold nonwoven carpet used in automobiles: Places carpet blank into oven that heats carpet to prepare carpet for molding.
- 2) Sprays insides of stationary mold with silicone fluid, using pump sprayer, to prevent sticking.
- 3) Places jute backing over steel pins in stationary mold.
- 4) Removes heated carpet from oven, smooths carpet over mold, and secures carpet over jute on stationary mold.
- 5) Observes carpet to detect defects, such as wrinkling and drawn edges, that indicate overheating of carpet.
- 6) Turns dial on oven to adjust heating cycle.
- 7) Presses button to lower upper mold onto stationary mold to press, cool, shape, and bond carpet and jute backing to fit sections of automobile.
- 8) Removes carpet from mold and places carpet on trim buck.
- 9) Presses button to lower holding device that secures carpet in position for trimming.
- 10) Trims carpet along trim line, using utility knife.
- 11) Hammers carpet, using mallet, to remove knockout sections on trim buck.
- 12) Sprays adhesive onto bottom of exposed carpet to reattach loose jute, using spray can.
Is being a "MOLDER, AUTOMOBILE CARPETS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MOLDER, AUTOMOBILE CARPETS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MOLDER, AUTOMOBILE CARPETS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MOLDER, AUTOMOBILE CARPETS"
Job Number: 6648