Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machines that clean or polish forming molds and components by any of following methods: Starts pumps on vapor-blast machine to circulate water and cleaning compound through hose.
- 2) Places parts on table and pushes table into machine cabinet.
- 3) Pushes control lever to start flow of compressed air through hose.
- 4) Holds and turns parts while directing pressurized stream of water and cleaning compound onto parts to remove dirt, carbon, and scales.
- 5) Dips parts in oil solution to prevent rusting.
- 6) Inserts and secures blank mold and plunger into chuck of open-end polishing jack or lathe.
- 7) Holds emery cloth over rotating plunger or inserts rod, covered with emery cloth, into mold to clean and polish parts.
- 8) Holds and turns parts against rotating emery wheel.
- 9) May soak parts in hot cleaning compound or scrape parts, using scraper to loosen or remove scales and carbon.
- 10) May rub mold surface with oil or kerosene and abrasive stone or wire brush to remove scale, rust, scratches, and dirt.
- 11) May apply cork or graphite paste coating to mold interiors to prevent adherence of glass to molds during forming operation.
- 12) May store cleaned molds in storage bins.
- 13) May transfer molds and mold parts from storage to production area, using handtruck.
Is being a "MOLD POLISHER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MOLD POLISHER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MOLD POLISHER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MOLD POLISHER"
Job Number: 6630