"MOLD MAKER I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Finishes, alters, and repairs metal molds used to cast jewelry articles and trophy figurines, using hand carving and engraving tools: Cuts design in mold and files, grinds, and shapes points, surfaces, and contours.
- 2) Fits halves of molds together to determine if they close tightly.
- 3) Drills holes in mold to allow gases to escape during casting.
- 4) Reshapes pouring funnels of molds to facilitate flow of molten metal.
- 5) Drills holes in mold and attaches handles, using drill press and screwdriver.
- 6) Forms sample castings in mold and measures casting to verify dimensions.
- 7) May grind, sharpen, and make tools.
Is being a "MOLD MAKER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MOLD MAKER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MOLD MAKER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MOLD MAKER I"
Job Number: 6624