"MOLD MAKER, DIE-CASTING AND PLASTIC MOLDING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out, machines, fits, assembles, and finishes metal parts to make and repair dies for diecasting of metal products and metal molds for injection or compression molding of plastic or glass products, analyzing specifications, and applying knowledge of die and mold design and construction: Studies blueprints of product and die or mold, and computes specifications, applying knowledge of shop mathematics and metal diecasting or plastic or glass molding processes and machinery.
- 2) Plans sequence of operations, visualizing shape of die or mold in reverse of product.
- 3) Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock to lay out for machining.
- 4) Grinds, files, and sands parts, using files, emery cloth, and powered grinders, to fit parts for assembly and to smooth and finish cavity.
- 5) Assembles die or mold, using handtools.
- 6) Verifies dimensions, using calipers, planer gauges, and dial indicators.
- 7) May repair molds and be designated Mold Repairer, Die-Casting And Plastic Molding.
Is being a "MOLD MAKER, DIE-CASTING AND PLASTIC MOLDING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MOLD MAKER, DIE-CASTING AND PLASTIC MOLDING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MOLD MAKER, DIE-CASTING AND PLASTIC MOLDING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MOLD MAKER, DIE-CASTING AND PLASTIC MOLDING"
Job Number: 6626