"MODEL MAKER, WOOD"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Constructs full-sized and scale wooden precision models of products, such as boats, automobiles, household appliances, aircraft, and machinery, using handtools, measuring instruments, and woodworking machines: Selects wooden stock and marks layout of parts on stock, using precision equipment, such as scriber, square, protractor, surface plates, height gauges, and scales, following blueprint or draft.
- 2) Cuts and shapes lumber to general outline of part, using woodworking machines, such as bandsaw, lathe, planer, and router, or has stock shaped by SHAPER OPERATOR.
- 3) Assembles wood parts, using dowels, glue, nails, bolts, screws, and other fasteners.
- 4) Planes, shaves, files, scrapes, and sands model to attain specified shape, using handtools.
- 5) Verifies dimensions and contours of model during hand forming process, using templates and measuring device.
- 6) Waxes and polishes finished model.
- 7) May fabricate work aids, such as scrapers or templates for own use.
- 8) May construct hardwood hammer form dies used to produce handmade sheet metal parts.
- 9) May construct plastic duplicates.
Is being a "MODEL MAKER, WOOD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MODEL MAKER, WOOD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MODEL MAKER, WOOD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MODEL MAKER, WOOD"
Job Number: 6598