"MODEL MAKER, FLUORESCENT LIGHTING"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out and constructs experimental models of fluorescent lighting fixtures, such as those used in buildings and tunnels, following blueprints, designs, and engineering sketches: Computes dimensions and lays out outline of fixture on sheet metal, using rule, scribe, and drafting tools.
- 2) Cuts and shapes metal, using hand and power brakes and shears, files, and mallets.
- 3) Assembles fixture and installs electrical components and wiring, using spot-welding machine and handtools.
- 4) Fastens glass or plastic lens in place, using clips, bolts, or screws, and tightens fluorescent tube in sockets.
- 5) Connects fixture to electrical outlet and tests continuity of fixture's circuit, using circuit tester.
- 6) Records dimensions, bending angles, hole locations, and other specifications, for use in production of fixture.
- 7) May inspect installed fixtures and make minor repairs.
Is being a "MODEL MAKER, FLUORESCENT LIGHTING" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MODEL MAKER, FLUORESCENT LIGHTING" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MODEL MAKER, FLUORESCENT LIGHTING"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MODEL MAKER, FLUORESCENT LIGHTING"
Job Number: 6596