"MODEL-AND-MOLD MAKER, PLASTER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Makes plaster models or molds for casting concrete products, such as cornices, panels, and grave markers: Lays out profile of product on sheet metal, following working drawings or blueprints.
- 2) Cuts out template of profile, using hand shears, and nails template to wood guide, to make modeling frame.
- 3) Mixes water and plaster to required consistency in tub, using paddle.
- 4) Brushes liquid soap on modeling frame to prevent adhesion of plaster.
- 5) Scoops up mixed plaster and places it on modeling frame.
- 6) Builds up layers of plaster and reinforcing hemp, allowing time for hardening between layers, and pushes template across built up material to remove excess plaster and form model or mold to required dimensions.
- 7) Cuts off sections of hardened model or mold, using saw.
- 8) Lays out sections to form mold pattern and cements sections together with burnt shellac.
- 9) Fills joints or defects with plaster and smooths plaster with hands and molding tools.
- 10) May make sectional mold impressions of existing models.
- 11) May make molds or models of clay.
- 12) May be designated according to specialty as Model Maker, Plaster; Mold Maker, Plaster.
Is being a "MODEL-AND-MOLD MAKER, PLASTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MODEL-AND-MOLD MAKER, PLASTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MODEL-AND-MOLD MAKER, PLASTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MODEL-AND-MOLD MAKER, PLASTER"
Job Number: 6602