Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Lays out, fabricates, and assembles full-scale master mock-ups and prototypes of experimental and production aircraft and spacecraft structures and components, according to specifications, using machines, handtools, and power tools: Lays out lines and contours of structures and components on metallic and nonmetallic materials, utilizing knowledge of trigonometry to determine radius angles and dimensions, according to engineering drawings, sketches, loft data, or verbal instructions.
- 2) Sets up and operates shop equipment, such as bandsaw, lathe, planer, and drill press, to fabricate parts, such as ribs, empennage, wings, and landing gear.
- 3) Drills, countersinks, and reams holes in parts and assemblies for bolts, screws, and other fasteners, using power tools.
- 4) Forms frames and bases from plaster, using cutting, shaping, and finishing tools.
- 5) Grinds, files, and sands parts to finished dimensions.
- 6) Aligns and fits parts and assemblies, using fixtures and precision measuring instruments.
- 7) Joins parts, using fasteners, such as bolts, screws, and clamps, or glue.
- 8) Confers with liaison personnel to discuss development problems or to recommend modifications if mock-up cannot be fabricated or assembled as designed.
Is being a "MOCK-UP BUILDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MOCK-UP BUILDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MOCK-UP BUILDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MOCK-UP BUILDER"
Job Number: 6583