Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends batch-mixing equipment that blends raw ingredients, such as sand, soda ash, cullet and others for use in making glass or fiberglass yarn, by one of following methods: Weighs specified amounts of ingredients on scale.
- 2) Dumps ingredients into mixing machine and starts machine to blend ingredients.
- 3) Pulls lever to unload mass into batch wagon for transport to small-batch, pot furnaces.
- 4) Monitors and regulates automatic mixing and feeding equipment that supplies blended ingredients to continuous-operation furnace.
- 5) Sets controls on instrument panel regulating equipment which automatically discharges ingredients onto scales and weighs and blends ingredients in specified ratios.
- 6) Pushes button to start discharging, weighing, mixing, and feeding equipment.
- 7) Observes control panel instruments to monitor operations and manually overrides controls in case of malfunction.
- 8) May weigh trace elements on balance scale, and add them to batch mix.
- 9) May record batch number, mixer, and other production data.
- 10) May drive forklift to transport containers of ingredients.
Is being a "MIXER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MIXER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MIXER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MIXER"
Job Number: 6543