"MIXER OPERATOR, HOT METAL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates machine to mix various charges of molten metal and maintain metal at specified temperature for use in converters and furnaces: Moves controls to raise lid of mixer and signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to pour metal from transfer ladle into mixer.
- 2) Turns controls to adjust fuel and air mixture to mixer burners to maintain specified temperature in mixer, and to rotate arm that mixes molten metal.
- 3) Signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to position ladle for receiving molten metal from mixer for delivery to converters or furnaces.
- 4) Moves controls to tilt mixer and fill ladle.
- 5) Inserts long-handled spoon in ladle to obtain sample of molten metal and pours sample into mold for laboratory analysis.
- 6) Repairs mixer lining, using refractory materials and handtools.
Is being a "MIXER OPERATOR, HOT METAL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MIXER OPERATOR, HOT METAL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MIXER OPERATOR, HOT METAL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MIXER OPERATOR, HOT METAL"
Job Number: 6558