"MIXER OPERATOR, CARBON PASTE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machines that mix ground coke, coal, anode butts, and pitch into carbon paste and press paste into anodes or electrodes: Sets automatic scale and steam regulator to specified weight and pressure.
- 2) Opens hopper valves to load specified amounts of coke, coal, butts, and pitch scales into batch car.
- 3) Starts equipment and charges mixer with mixing ingredients.
- 4) Turns valve to admit liquid pitch into mixer.
- 5) Records charging and discharging time of mixer.
- 6) Periodically inspects system to verify consistency of carbon paste and dimensions of anodes or electrodes emerging from press.
- 7) Records data for each batch processed.
- 8) May lubricate and perform minor repair on machines.
- 9) May tend machine that grinds material for electrodes.
- 10) May tend machines, using panelboard, and be designated Carbon-Paste-Mixer Operator, Panelboard.
Is being a "MIXER OPERATOR, CARBON PASTE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MIXER OPERATOR, CARBON PASTE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MIXER OPERATOR, CARBON PASTE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MIXER OPERATOR, CARBON PASTE"
Job Number: 6557