"MITER GRINDER OPERATOR"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates machine to cut mitered or rectangular grooves in flat glass articles, such as mirrors, counter dividers, or shelves: Installs grinding wheels according to specifications, using wrench.
- 2) Sets guide rails according to width of glass, using ruler and screwdriver.
- 3) Clamps stop on end of table to hold glass in position.
- 4) Positions glass against stop and guide rail and starts machine.
- 5) Turns valve to start flow of coolant against grinding wheel.
- 6) Depresses pedal to lower wheel to surface of glass.
- 7) Pushes lever to move glass and table under grinding wheel.
- 8) Observes grinding process and feels cut to determine if groove is being cut to specified depth.
- 9) Turns handwheel to adjust weight or pressure of grinding wheel on workpiece.
Is being a "MITER GRINDER OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MITER GRINDER OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MITER GRINDER OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MITER GRINDER OPERATOR"
Job Number: 6535