Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Mines precious metals from sand and gravel by placer method: Constructs inclined trough with riffles or cleats at bottom.
- 2) Shovels ore-bearing sand or gravel into stream of water running through sluice box and observes operation to ensure that loose metals are being caught behind riffles.
- 3) Removes obstructions and repairs leaks.
- 4) Diverts flow of water and scoops out accumulated metals.
- 5) May use high-pressure water system to wash sand and gravel into sluices and be designated Nozzle Worker; Placer Miner, Hydraulic.
Is being a "MINER, PLACER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MINER, PLACER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MINER, PLACER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MINER, PLACER"
Job Number: 6525