Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Mines ore, coal, or rock in underground mine, performing any combination of following tasks in areas where high production equipment is limited by economic factors or natural formations: Cuts channel under working face to facilitate blasting, using pick, or by operating cutting machine.
- 2) Operates mounted or unmounted power drill to bore blasting holes in working face.
- 3) Charges and shoots explosives or air charges to blast down materials.
- 4) Shovels shattered materials into mine cars or onto conveyor.
- 5) Installs timbering, roof bolts, or cribs, to support walls and roof.
- 6) Lays track to accommodate mine cars or track-mounted equipment.
- 7) May mine rock in coal mine at contract price per ton or footage of advance and be designated Rock Contractor.
- 8) May mine ore, coal, or rock, using pick and shovel, and be designated Miner, Pick.
- 9) When digging passageways between rooms, may be designated Entry Miner.
- 10) May do development work, such as opening up new passageways, air vents, auxiliary tunnels, rooms, and shafts to facilitate mining, and be designated Drift Miner; Raise Miner; Shaft Sinker; Stope Miner; Tunnel Miner.
Is being a "MINER I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MINER I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MINER I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MINER I"
Job Number: 6524