Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects underground or open-pit mines to ascertain compliance with contractual agreements and with health and safety laws: Inspects for rotted or incorrectly placed timbers, dangerously placed or defective electrical and mechanical equipment, improperly stored explosives, and other hazardous conditions.
- 2) Tests air quality to detect toxic or explosive gas or dust, using portable gas-analysis equipment, in order to control health hazards and to reduce injuries and fatalities.
- 3) Observes mine activities to detect violations of federal and state health and safety standards.
- 4) Inspects mine workings to verify compliance with contractual agreements concerning production rates or mining within specified limits.
- 5) May instruct mine workers in safety and first aid procedures.
- 6) May be designated according to type of mine inspected as Coal-Mine Inspector; Metal-Mine Inspector.
- 7) May specialize in inspection of specific conditions and be designated Gas Inspector.
- 8) When employed by governmental agency, conducts periodic mine inspections specifically to enforce federal or state mining laws and is known as Mine Inspector, Federal; Mine Inspector, State.
Is being a "MINE INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MINE INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MINE INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MINE INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 6521