Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Installs machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial establishment, using hoists, lift trucks, handtools, and power tools: Reads blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- 2) Dismantles machines, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other handtools.
- 3) Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- 4) Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using handtools and power tools.
- 5) Constructs foundation for machines, using handtools and building materials, such as wood, cement, and steel.
- 6) Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, handtools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
- 7) Assembles machines, and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using handtools and power tools.
- 8) May operate engine lathe to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
- 9) May repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
- 10) May install robot and modify its program, using teach pendant.
- 11) May perform installation and maintenance work as part of team of skilled trades workers.
Is being a "MILLWRIGHT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "MILLWRIGHT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "MILLWRIGHT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "MILLWRIGHT"
Job Number: 6515